Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Peace Corps Blogs

Peace Corps Blogs - and what seemed to be a lack of them - have been an interest of mine for some time. I think one of the coolest elements of Peace Corps is what it allows Americans to learn by deeply - sometimes too deeply - integrating into another culture. Often these are very less-traveled cultures so I was pleased to see some Returned Peace Corps Volunteers have set up a site with Peace Corps blogs. Back in the day, when I did Peace Corps (Western Russia 1996-98), we had World Wise Schools, but I could never get the the buzz going with Russian students through snail mail. Blogs are World Wise Schools on drugs. There is also a podcast called Volunteer Voices. I will be going to Mongolia soon and will be busy exploring the blog impressions of Americans in the steppe.

If you look at any of these, I would love to know what you think of them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of peace corp blogs in the RHS shoulder here:

http://candide.blogsome.com/

Anonymous said...

Please check out these Peace Corps podcasts developed cooperatively by the National Peace Corps Association and Social Edge.

They are also available on iTunes and are currently among the top 10 non-profit downloads.

Pavlusha34 said...

Cool! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

ok am jealous.

mongolia.

Pavlusha34 said...

pod, come with me!